How to Purchase
Please select the item you wish to purchase from our collection. If the product you are purchasing is available in multiple sizes/colours, please ensure you select the size you require before selecting the colour (if you are unclear of the size you need, please read the product size guide). To change the quantity, please enter the number you require in the box provided. Once you have made these choices, you can add the item(s) to your shopping basket by clicking ‘Buy’. You can then continue browsing our collection, or complete the checkout process.
When you click 'checkout’, you will be asked to enter your name and address details. The final screen will take you to our secure payment site, where you can pay by debit/credit card.
You can pay by PayPal (no account necessary). We accept most major credit and debit cards including Visa Debit, Visa Credit, American Express, MasterCard, Delta, Switch, Solo, Maestro, and Visa Electron. Please note all our prices are in Pounds Sterling.
COVID Update: Orders should be despatched within 2-3 working days. For international orders please check your local postal service on the Royal Mail website here
Orders are sent in plain outer packaging. However, please note that for delivery purposes, our return address will be shown in one corner of the address label (in small font, without the Gipsy logo). Usually, orders are despatched within 1-3 workings days of receipt.
Typical delivery times are:
- UK- 3-5 working days from despatch (Royal Mail*)
- Europe, USA & Canada – 5-10 working days from date of despatch (standard Airmail – through Royal Mail/local postal service*)
- Rest of World – 10-14 working days from date of despatch (standard Airmail – through Royal Mail/ local postal service*)
*All deliveries will be made according to the carriers' standard procedures. For standard delivery, a signature should not be required. However, packages which will not fit through your letter box may be taken back to the postal depot for collection. Should you require clarification on what happens if no-one is available to receive the goods please contact the carrier direct.
*Please note that our courier does not offer a Saturday service. Orders placed on a Friday will not be received the next day.
Delivery charges are as follows:
- UK - £2.50 flat fee (Royal Mail – no tracking)
- UK – Courier service not reliant on Royal Mail please add £4.80 surcharge – tracking available
- Europe - £5.00 (+£0.40 per pair over 10 pairs – no tracking)
- Rest of World - £12.00 (+£0.65 per pair over 10 pairs – no tracking)
Customs and Taxes
Please note that all shipments to outside the UK may be subject to import duties and taxes, which are levied once a shipment reaches your country. Additional charges for customs clearance must be borne by you; we have no control over these charges and cannot predict what they may be.
We strive to offer only the best quality products and believe you will be delighted with your purchase.
We are happy to exchange or provide a refund for any goods that are faulty.
However, if the goods are not faulty but not to your liking you can request a refund. We ask that you return the goods in the original condition that you received them from us, with all packaging un-opened and intact. Unfortunately, if the product packs have been opened, we cannot refund the goods. We accept returns up to 14 days after the date of invoice.
If you wish to return an item to us, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please ensure you include your order number, name and address. We will then reply with return instructions. We cannot accept any returned items without this prior authorisation.
To return items to us, please package them carefully, pre-pay standard 2nd class postage and obtain a certificate of posting. If you are returning the item to us for a refund, you will have to pay the cost of postage back to us. If you have received an item that is faulty or has been sent by us incorrectly, we will refund your postage charges via PayPal.
In the unlikely event that your return parcel is lost please keep your certificate of posting that you have returned your item to us. As we cannot be held responsible for any item that goes missing, you will need to claim from Royal Mail.
This privacy notice provides you with details of how we collect and process your personal data through your use of our site www.gipsytights.com.
By providing us with your data, you warrant to us that you are over 13 years of age.
Textiliana Limited, the company that owns the Gipsy Tights brand, is the data controller and we are responsible for your personal data (referred to as “we”, “us” or “our” in this privacy notice).
Our full details are:
Full name of legal entity: Textiliana Limited
Email address: email@example.com
Postal address: PO Box 105, Ruislip, Middlesex HA4 0FU
It is very important that the information we hold about you is accurate and up to date. Please let us know if at any time your personal information changes by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
2. WHAT DATA DO WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU, FOR WHAT PURPOSE AND ON WHAT GROUND WE PROCESS IT
Personal data means any information capable of identifying an individual. It does not include anonymised data.
We may process the following categories of personal data about you:
· Communication Data that includes any communication that you send to us whether that be through the contact form on our website, through email, text, social media messaging, social media posting or any other communication that you send us. We process this data for the purposes of communicating with you, for record keeping and for the establishment, pursuance or defence of legal claims. Our lawful ground for this processing is our legitimate interests which in this case are to reply to communications sent to us, to keep records and to establish, pursue or defend legal claims.
· Customer Data that includes data relating to any purchases of goods and/or services such as your name, title, billing address, delivery address email address, phone number, contact details, purchase details and your card details. We process this data to supply the goods and/or services you have purchased and to keep records of such transactions. Our lawful ground for this processing is the performance of a contract between you and us and/or taking steps at your request to enter into such a contract.
· User Data that includes data about how you use our website and any online services together with any data that you post for publication on our website or through other online services. We process this data to operate our website and ensure relevant content is provided to you, to ensure the security of our website, to maintain back- ups of our website and/or databases and to enable publication and administration of our website, other online services and business. Our lawful ground for this processing is our legitimate interests which in this case are to enable us to properly administer our website and our business.
· Marketing Data that includes data about your preferences in receiving marketing from us and your communication preferences. We process this data to deliver relevant information about our products and measure or understand the effectiveness of these communications. Our lawful ground for this processing is our legitimate interests which in this case are to study how customers use our products/services, to develop them, to grow our business and to decide our marketing strategy. We may also use such data to send other marketing communications to you. Our lawful ground for this processing is either consent or legitimate interests (namely to grow our business).
We do not collect any Sensitive Data about you. Sensitive data refers to data that includes details about your race or ethnicity, religious or philosophical beliefs, sex life, sexual orientation, political opinions, trade union membership, information about your health and genetic and biometric data.
Where we are required to collect personal data by law, or under the terms of the contract between us and you do not provide us with that data when requested, we may not be able to perform the contract (for example, to deliver goods or services to you). If you don’t provide us with the requested data, we may have to cancel a product or service you have ordered but if we do, we will notify you at the time.
We will only use your personal data for a purpose it was collected for or a reasonably compatible purpose if necessary. For more information on this please email us at email@example.com. In case we need to use your details for an unrelated new purpose we will let you know and explain the legal grounds for processing.
We may process your personal data without your knowledge or consent where this is required or permitted by law.
We do not carry out automated decision making or any type of automated profiling.
3. MARKETING COMMUNICATIONS
Our lawful ground of processing your personal data to send you marketing communications is either your consent or our legitimate interests (namely to grow our business).
Under the Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations, we may send you marketing communications from us if (i) you made a purchase or asked for information from us about our goods or services or (ii) you agreed to receive marketing communications and in each case you have not opted out of receiving such communications since. Under these regulations, if you are a limited company, we may send you marketing emails without your consent. However you can still opt out of receiving marketing emails from us at any time.
We will not share your personal data with any third party for their own marketing purposes.
You can ask us to stop sending you marketing messages at any time by following the opt-out links on any marketing message sent to you OR by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you opt out of receiving marketing communications this opt-out does not apply to personal data provided as a result of other transactions, such as purchases, warranty registrations etc.
4. DISCLOSURES OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We may have to share your personal data with the parties set out below:
• Service providers who provide IT and system administration services.
• Professional advisers including lawyers, bankers, auditors and insurers
• Government bodies that require us to report processing activities.
We require all third parties to whom we transfer your data to respect the security of your personal data and to treat it in accordance with the law. We only allow such third parties to process your personal data for specified purposes and in accordance with our instructions.
5. INTERNATIONAL TRANSFERS
We are subject to the provisions of the General Data Protection Regulations that protect your personal data. Where we transfer your data to third party service providers outside the EEA, we will ensure that certain safeguards are in place to ensure a similar degree of security for your personal data. As such:
• We may transfer your personal data to countries that the European Commission have approved as providing an adequate level of protection for personal data by; or
• If we use US-based providers that are part of EU-US Privacy Shield, we may transfer data to them, as they have equivalent safeguards in place; or
• Where we use certain service providers who are established outside of the EEA, we may use specific contracts or codes of conduct or certification mechanisms approved by the European Commission which give personal data the same protection it has in Europe.
If none of the above safeguards is available, we may request your explicit consent to the specific transfer. You will have the right to withdraw this consent at any time.
6. DATA SECURITY
We have put in place security measures to prevent your personal data from being accidentally lost, used, altered, disclosed, or accessed without authorisation. We also allow access to your personal data only to those employees and partners who have a business need to know such data. They will only process your personal data on our instructions and they must keep it confidential.
We have procedures in place to deal with any suspected personal data breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a breach if we are legally required to.
7. DATA RETENTION
We will only retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements.
When deciding what the correct time is to keep the data for we look at its amount, nature and sensitivity, potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure, the processing purposes, if these can be achieved by other means and legal requirements.
For tax purposes the law requires us to keep basic information about our customers (including Contact, Identity, Financial and Transaction Data) for six years after they stop being customers.
In some circumstances we may anonymise your personal data for research or statistical purposes in which case we may use this information indefinitely without further notice to you.
8. YOUR LEGAL RIGHTS
Under data protection laws you have rights in relation to your personal data that include the right to request access, correction, erasure, restriction, transfer, to object to processing, to portability of data and (where the lawful ground of processing is consent) to withdraw consent.
You can see more about these rights at:
If you wish to exercise any of the rights set out above, please email us at email@example.com.
You will not have to pay a fee to access your personal data (or to exercise any of the other rights). However, we may charge a reasonable fee if your request is clearly unfounded, repetitive or excessive or refuse to comply with your request in these circumstances.
We may need to request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and ensure your right to access your personal data (or to exercise any of your other rights). This is a security measure to ensure that personal data is not disclosed to any person who has no right to receive it. We may also contact you to ask you for further information in relation to your request to speed up our response.
We try to respond to all legitimate requests within one month. Occasionally it may take us longer than a month if your request is particularly complex or you have made a number of requests. In this case, we will notify you.
If you are not happy with any aspect of how we collect and use your data, you have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO), the UK supervisory authority for data protection issues (www.ico.org.uk). We should be grateful if you would contact us first if you do have a complaint so that we can try to resolve it for you.
Comments and Suggestions
We have many satisfied customers with a large number of new ones coming from referrals. You as our customer are our most valuable asset and your satisfaction with our products is very important to us. If you have any issues, suggestions, or just want to share your experiencies as one of our customers, please feel free to contact us.